Whenever Daddy’s home, he is in charge of breakfast. This time our 6 year old son, Jeremy wanted to do it, so Daddy took on a supervisory role.
This recipe is super easy and quick to do. The ingredients can vary as you please and the measurements are not strict.
- Torn up brown bread
- Gypsy Ham
- Grated Cheddar
- Egg mix (12 eggs, milk, a pinch of mustard powder, salt and pepper)
- Dried mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease your muffin tins.
- Drop the torn bread pieces evenly into the muffin tins, until about two thirds of the way to the top. (we did six with bread and six without, for the banters in the family
- Sprinkle ham and cheese evenly in each tin
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into each muffin tin
- Sprinkle the dried mixed herbs on top of each one
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through in the middle (Daddy did this part, with Jeremy supervising)
These are great to keep in the fridge/freezer for snacks or school lunches – enjoy!