So my son still believes in good magic and is always busy making potions. Most of the time he uses my chutney and food coloring….
So for the weekend I have a wow “potion” but actually a science experiment for him to do.
You will need:
- 2 pill holders ( recycled ) and a plastic tub or jar.
- a teaspoon of salt ( for the sprinkling effect but it actually doesn’t do anything )
- 3 table spoons of Vinegar
- 2 drops of yellow food coloring
- a teaspoon of Bicarbonate of soda
- 3 table spoons of water
- a drop of blue food colouring
Step 1: put the Vinegar in one of the pill holders and add the yellow food coloring
Step 2: put the water and bicarb in the other pill holder ( mix them by shaking the pill holder) and add blue food coloring
Step 3: Tell your child he is going to make a “potion” or experiment and to sprinkle salt in the tub/jar.
Step 4: put the blue bicarb mixture in the jar
Step 5: let them add the yellow vinegar mixture
It will be a green bubbly chemical reaction
What a lot of fun!!!!