Its hard to believe, but you can leave this Two-week Muffin mixture in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. I have to admit, they have never lasted that long in my fridge:) Just make a few at a time and ta ha, hot muffins for breakfast. So easy.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) oil
- 3 tbsp (45ml) honey
- 4 cups (480g) cake flour
- 4 tsp (20ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tsp (20ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10ml) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) brown sugar
- 4 cups (180g) All-Bran flakes
- 1 cup (150g) seedless raisins
- 1 cup (100g) mixed nuts, chopped
- Beat the eggs, milk, oil and honey together.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt, and add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, and pour the egg and milk mixture into the well. Stir gently (you don’t want to develop the gluten that will make the muffins chewy!) until just mixed.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate. Be sure to use within two weeks.
- When needed, gently turn the mixture with a large metal spoon, and spoon out into greased muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes.
Leave out the nuts if allergic
Swop the raisins for something else like coconut or chocolate chips if you don’t like them.
Now its your turn…
Have you tried this recipe? How did you find it? Did you add anything new? We would love to know how it turned out for you. Please share in the comments below.
Also, don’t forget, if you have a recipe you would like to share, please email it to us at email@example.com – we would love a pic of your masterpiece if you have one.
For other recipe ideas, check out our recipe section.