It is that time of the year again… Christmas! No need to dread it and all the financial costs. Let’s make some creative stuff that won’t break the bank. This D.I.Y Christmas Advent Calendar is the perfect craft to do with and for your child leading up to this fun and special family day.
What you need:
- 24 Empty boxes of matches( The matches can be recycled)
- Paint for boxes ( I used blue for my son)
- 1 A2 Green sheet of Board paper
- 1 A2 Red sheet of Board paper
- Marker Pen ( I used Gold)
- 1 Colorful tinsel ( optional)
- And of course your child’s favorite candy
- Paint your Empty boxes of matches. I used blue for my son and I had to paint two layers.
- Cut out your Christmas tree from the Green sheet of paper and paste it on the Red sheet of paper
- Glue the match boxes when dry on your Green Christmas Tree.
- Use your market to number them to 24. Mix the numbers to make it fun for your child.
- Fill the box of matches with your child’s favorite candy.
- Use tinsel if you want to give that extra Christmas touch and pastel it on the outline of your Christmas tree
Your Advent calendar is ready to be used from the 1st of December! Put it up on a wall or on your fridge.